Trainee Broking Technician Private Clients
Permanent / full-time
Based in our Princes Risborough Office
Key Responsibilities & Competencies
- Close working relationship within the team to manage & efficiently assist our network
- Provide a market leading broking service, focused on bestowing quality customer service and positive outcomes for their clients
- New & existing business enquiries interaction within the High & Mid Net worth general insurance sector featuring quality household and high-value motor risks
- To develop a strong working relationship with our Appointed Representative brokers, our insurers & other TEn colleagues and all service providers
- To ensure that you understand the latest compliance requirements and upcoming changes, whilst also ensuring compliant behaviour of your Appointed Representatives/Brokers
- Effective negotiation with insurers to obtain the best possible terms for policyholders
- Understand our brokers and end customer’s needs and the challenges they face
- To meet Key Performance Indicators and objectives set out by team leader
- Take a proactive approach to problem-solving
- To take pride and ownership of your job
- To add value to our customers at every interaction
- To deal with problems constructively, looking to solve the root cause of day to day issues faced, engaging with the team leaders and management
- Support team leader, undertaking tasks delegated where required
- Follow processes and procedures laid out by the Operations Manager, as well as working with them to develop and improve
- To seek efficiencies across the business
- Ensure you have the appropriate knowledge for your role and work with your team leader to create a development plan. This will include compliance, product and market knowledge, broking systems, IT and software skills
- Promote employee ownership, understanding responsibilities and principles
- Support other broking teams when required
- To understand the roles of other team members in all teams of the business, understanding the impact you have on each other
- Challenge current ways of working, brokers, insurers and team leaders in a productive manner, whilst maintaining a good working relationship
- Being able to manage difficult situations and expectations
- Awareness of insurance market & key insurers products & risk appetite
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
It is not essential to have been working in an insurance broking capacity. However, this would be an advantage or alternatively a strong interest in working in the world of insurance.
An enthusiasm to learn, become motivated, demonstrating core values of initiative, intuitive skills and integrity are essential.
A strong business sense is required to follow board & management objectives and to be able to understand and empathise with the challenges faced by our Brokers in running their own business.
GCSE or equivalent education is required, with A Level, degree level education and CII qualifications or progression towards being preferable, but not essential.
Experience and use of MS Office is required, and prior experience of using Broking software and Insurer extranets is preferable.
Strong influence and negotiation skills will be required when dealing with insurers and brokers.
Salary & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries, which are negotiable dependent on experience.
- Private Medical
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Become part of a growing, employee owned business
- Discount on selected insurance products
- 4 x Salary Death in Service Benefit
37.5 hours per week, working between 08.00am and 5.30pm Monday - Friday